Since 2002 we have interviewed and selected one or two charities to be the beneficiaries of funds raise during our open garden season for that year.
Johannesburg Garden Club donate all of their fund raising efforts towards Johannesburg Child Welfare on an annual basis.
The remaining garden clubs have, over the years, chosen a wide variety of mainly local and well deserving charities and this years proceeds will be given to Meals on Wheels Community Services for the elderly and Ubebele counselling services for child headed households.
We have supported:
- Avril Elizabeth Childrens Home
- C.H.O.C (Childrens Haemotology and Oncology Centre)
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- J.A.F.T.A Johannesburg Association for the aged
- S.A. Autism
- Shalom Respite Centre
- Animals in Distress
- Setshabela Orphan Care
- Little Saints of Bethany (Safe house for abused women and children)
- Reea Epilepsy Care Centre
- Gerald Fitzpatrick House and Nursing Home
- Park Care for the Elderly
- Highveldt Horse Care
- Tshepang Orphan Care
- F.O. R.A (Friends of rescued Animals)
- Guild Cottage
- Jukskei Management
- Meals on Wheels
We thank our very precious garden owners and our wonderfully supportive visitors for allowing us to be able to assist these very worthwhile causes.